Sunday 16 June 2013

Arrested Development Season 4 on Netflix

I am a huge fan of  smart,twisted sitcoms , celebrity cameos, Ron Howard, and Jason Bateman so Arrested Development  really is my cup of tea. I was singing Carly Simon’s  Anticipation all of Sunday May 26 . I watched  the first 2 episodes Monday morning.I thought they were ok but not as strong as the last half of Season 3.  Later in the week I watched up to season 6 when the laughs started to come fast and furious.  
I thought the cast all retained their comic timing although some aged better than others.  Jeffrey Tambor (Oscar)  and Jessica Walter(Lucille) looked exactly the same but I thought Maeby and Lindsay  had aged a bit . I always liked the comic timing and chemistry between father and son Jason Bateman and Michael Cera the best in the first 3 seasons and I continued to do so. The addition of Isla Fisher to the cast was a great choice  and I liked the episodes she was in the best , as Ron Howard was also featured in them.


I find the characters of Gob and Tobias the most annoying and not funny at all since the first season and that is why this sitcom isnt in  my Top 3 of all time.   I did like how each character had at least one story of their own  (Jason and Michael had 2 each) they were strong enough stories to stand on their own. Liza Minelli as Lucille2  always makes me howl with laughter as well.



I would say this series is definitely worth subscribing to Netflix for and I think it would survive on  specialty cable if it was released today. It would do well on HBO or Showtime was just ahead  of its time ! I hope it lasts until Season 10 and my rating is  ⅘.



No comments:

Post a Comment